I have been prayerfully considering my list of goals for this new year. The majority of my goals focus on my theme of “Coming Clean in Twenty-thirteen”. I have chosen 13 goals in honor of 2013.
- Start eating cleaner
- Clean off at least 50 lbs of body fat (I would love to lose 100 lbs but will be happy losing 50 lbs)
- Clean my cupboards, refrigerator and freezer of all unhealthy food
- Clean my house – rid it of anything I don’t need or love (my husband is safe for now, lol!)
- Clean out my clothes (I kept my smaller sized clothes hoping to get back into them. It would be better to give them away and reward myself with new ones when I reach my goal of 50 lbs lost)
- Clean up my finances by creating a budget and eliminating debt
- Read my Bible daily (this will help clean up my thoughts of all things negative and worldly)
- Clean off my treadmill and stationary bike (these things make great clothes hangers! )
- Clean up my schedule so that I can spend more time with family and friends
- Finish some of my crochet projects and then give them away as gifts next Christmas (this will clean out a huge spot in my closet!)
- Clean my car and keep it that way (my car is a total mess inside and has been for months)
- Start a savings account as an emergency back-up (I can do this if I clean up my finances)
- Start saving for retirement (is there such a thing anymore?)
I plan to cover my list daily with prayer. I know God wants me to rid myself of the things I don’t need. Those things are distracting and take up my time and takes my focus off of Him. If I have to dust it, maintain it, or worry about it and it is not important, then it has to go!
I will keep this post updated with my progress throughout the year. I am determined that I will focus on “coming clean” all year. I know that I can do it because . . .
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13